Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Dissertation!!!!


Hello again :) I have amazing news! I have finished my dissertation! Yaaaay!!!! A week early! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! I have been on top of my work. I also finished the other 2 assignments early. It is a really good feeling to get it all out of the way. After I finished my dissertation and printed it all out, I felt this huge sense of relief and a sense of achievement. This is the biggest piece of work (10,000 words) I have ever done. I actually went over the work limit.

The final title of my dissertation at the end was- 'An investigation into young women's perceptions of the role of prostitution'. Starting the dissertation was a little difficult for me as I kept thinking about the amount of words I had to do. But I did in segments which made it a lot easier to complete. I carried out a research on young women in University of Greenwich and I was genuinely interested and excited about the responses I will receive. The participants were amazing! I had a great response and the quality of the responses were exactly what I was looking for. Doing the dissertation was an interesting, scary and exciting journey. I was going to do a placement this year instead of a dissertation. I am so happy that I changed my decision and did the dissertation. I would recommend everyone who is going to university to do a dissertation. It might sound like a lot of work but if you do it on a topic you are interested in then it is a lot easier and fun at times, and finally finishing a piece of work that you might have thought you could never do, is a wonderful feeling. After finishing mine, I couldn't stop smiling :) 

Now I have one last piece of assignment to do for my 'formation of education' module. I am so happy to have chosen these modules. They are so interesting. At the moment I am doing research and I hope to get this done early as well so I can start my revision. I have 2 exams coming up. So along side the assignment I will be preparing for exams. I finish of the 17th of May! :D 

Finishing university makes me happy because all the stress is over and sad because I will miss the amazing people I have met, the student life, the student house I live in, the house mates, the student nights out, the lecturers and the university itself. On top of this, it is also scary to go into the real world. I spoke about this before, about getting jobs and everything. I have now finished doing my CV and I will start applying for jobs now. Some of my friends have started applying already and some have already received job offers. It is an exciting process I think and I really like interviews. I am excited to start applying and get a job. I will let you know more about it next time :)  

Love,

Av x

No comments:

Post a Comment